So after Grayson's visit to the principal's office at his daycare (3 times now) for not staying in time-out, his teacher and I came up with a plan. Grayson loves "tractor" a.k.a. "Bob the Builder" and usually gets to watch one DVR'd episode after he eats his dinner (while Steve and I eat our dinner). So the plan we devised was that when I pick him up from daycare his teacher will give him a sticker IF he had no time outs that day. No time outs = sticker. Sticker = "tractor" when he gets home. No sticker = no "tractor." Yesterday was the first day this plan was put into action. When I went to pick him up the first thing he did was go to his teacher and ask for a sticker (so he CLEARLY understands the plan). The teacher said, "No, you got a time out this morning - remember?" So - a very small tantrum resulted but then we quickly made our way to the car and got settled. After commenting on the real tractors we passed and the "big lellow (he can't say Y) school bus" the conversation then turned to this...
Grayson: "Mommy, watch tractor?"
Mommy: "No, you didn't get a sticker."
Grayson: "Mommy, watch choo choo (a.k.a. Thomas the Train)?"
Mommy: (Now impressed that he's using his noggin because technically I didn't specify that he couldn't watch choo choo - only tractor. But still - I'm not giving in.) "No, you can't watch choo choo either - you didn't get a sticker."
Grayson: (In a clearly defeated tone.) "Watch news."
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That is absolutely hilarious! He's a smart little guy, isn't he! Miss you.
Post a Comment