Friday, October 17, 2008

3 Month Portraits - Luke

It's hard to believe Luke is almost 3 months old already. The past 3 months have really flown by. Luke is such a different baby than Grayson. Grayson had colic at this time and would scream inconsolably for 4 hours each night beginning at about 5:00. Luke, on the other hand, is done with his day around 6:00 and either goes to bed or falls asleep in the Ergo. We wake him to feed him before we go to bed and then when we're lucky he only wakes up once more for a night feeding. Grayson was eating at least 3 times during the night at this age! On the flip side, though, Luke definitely demands all of your attention during the day. While Grayson would love to sit and watch the fish in his bouncer seat or Baby Einstein on TV, Luke likes to be held. Period. He's happy as clam as long as someone is holding him, but it's rare that he stays content for much more than 10 minutes anywhere other than someone's arms. But I won't complain. I know now from experience that those times don't last long. It won't be long before Luke will boldly pronounce "NO" when I ask him if he wants Mommy to hold him. Luke is a big boy, too - different from Grayson at this age! He's very long - already in some of his 3-6 month clothes which I doubt will fit him for too long. He smiles quite a bit now and has laughed a handful of times. There's no doubt we're certainly blessed to have this second baby boy in our lives. At a festival last weekend a man looked at me with my two boys in the double stroller and, very seriously, said "you're a rich woman." I had to agree.






No comments: