Grayson and I had our first "Mommy and Me" day last Friday. After we dropped off Luke at daycare, Grayson and I drove to Salem and met my sister and her kids to see Elmo Live. After that we went to the mall in Roanoke and rode the train and looked at the Christmas decorations.
Elmo was a fairly big hit with the kids, but Kim and I were ready for the show to be over by about intermission.
Elmo was a fairly big hit with the kids, but Kim and I were ready for the show to be over by about intermission.
Traveling with the kids has always been difficult in part because our kids refuse to eat fast food. Really, it's not for lack of trying, but they're just not interested. Finally, I have now found an option (except on Sundays). Grayson will eat the chicken nuggets from Chik-Fil-A with the fruit cup (minus the apples because they're coated in something yucky). And, no, for anyone wondering - my child will not eat french fries...or waffle fries...or anything made with potatoes. So we enjoyed a nice lunch from Chik-Fil-A in the mall and then Grayson enjoyed playing on the little train near the food court.
After that, we let the kids ride the Christmas train in the mall. Grayson really, really loved this train!
Then Peyton and Cameron got to do the bungee stations in the mall. It took Peyton about 1.2 seconds before she figured out how to flip.


No comments:
Post a Comment