Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Luke - 18 Months

Luke turned 18 Months old last week. Hard to believe. What's even harder to believe is that Grayson was about this age when Luke was born. Wow! Don't want to go there again! But it's shocking how much more of a baby Luke seems than Grayson did at the same age. Luke is still a snuggler. He still loves being held. He will fall asleep in your arms. And in all of the pictures below, I was only about 2 inches out of the frame because Luke would scream bloody murder every time I tried to back away from him in the studio. He's definitely my little Momma's boy.
We always said that Luke was going to be our little long haired boy but Luke's hair had a different plan. As his hair got thicker, the long look just wasn't doing much for him. He has two crowns at the back of his head which makes his hair stick straight up and grow straight forward. And it's thick. Poor thing is going to have a hard time with hair I'm afraid. So the other day, half out of boredom from being stuck inside from the snow, and half out of Luke actually needing a haircut, I got out the buzz clipper and Luke is now sporting a cute little buzz cut. I think it makes him look like trouble but, fortunately, he's really not much trouble!
At 18 months Luke has tons of words that I understand, but I'm not sure how much others understand him. I think his favorite word is "snack." You can't even use that word in a sentence if Luke is in the room without him rushing to the pantry. He loves to snack. He loves the cats and calls Mack by name. He says Mama, Dada, Gu Gu (Grayson), Mimi, and Pa Pa (which for some reason he says with a French accent). He calls his Nuk by name and also his Elle. He seems to enjoy music and his dancing usually consists of stomping which is pretty cute. His teachers report that he seems to enjoy art quite a bit and especially loves painting. They also say that he's really good at puzzles. He's beginning to show more of an interest in books and has a few favorites that he likes at night. Luke loves the bath, too. I think if Grayson weren't in the tub yelling at him for splashing too much then Luke would probably have the bathroom swamped in water every night.
At the doctor's he weighed in at 26 pounds (50th percentile) and was 34 inches long (90th percentile). His head is still big off the charts, but fortunately not growing at an alarming rate anymore so no worries there. Besides a little fluid behind his eardrum, he's a perfectly healthy little boy!








No comments: